Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Vegetarian Bodybuilder

Hands up those of you who thinks a bodybuilder can't be a vegetarian?

Let me share with you my recent story:

I completely turned to the greens about 2 months ago, totally stopped taking meat. You may be thinking how a bodybuilder can ever keep up with workout rountines when he is a vegetarian, meaning that there is no intake of meat which is the main source of protein?

Yes! It is true that meat provides a whole lot of protein but do you know that many sources of protein can also come from vegetables such as soy beans, spinach and a whole lot of others?

Of course I can't deny the fact that we have to consume a lot more protein-alternatives like vegetables to make up for the loss of protein by not taking meat.....

So far, I've been able to keep up and maintain my muscle definitions but lose out a little on muscle mass as i've not been pushing myself to do so....something I really need to buck up a lot on!!!

Lets see if this can keep up and continue: A vegetarian bodybuilder!!!

No comments:

Bodybuilding.com Articles

Workout Of The Week Articles

Articles by The Fit Show